View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-20-02, 02:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 280/245/120
BF:
Progress: 22%
Smile Its working

Just a quick post. I've been on the Atkins diet induction for 2 months now. I have PCOS and for the last 4 years have had uncontrollable periods that often would last for 3 or 4 months before the doctors managed to stop them using very strong meds. They would be so heavy I would have to take 2 to 3 iron tablets a day, and would get through about 20 super-size tampons - not nice. Anyway, they then prescribed Metformin for me, which led to me still getting long periods, they just weren't as heavy.

Anyway, since being on the Atkins I've stopped taking Metformin and had one 4 day, light period. Last weekend I was at a conference and cheated pretty badly diet wise on the sat and sun. Well, on Mon I had an uncontrollable period day, but had started back on stricked induction - well, it worked! It calmed down and lasted for 4 days. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that Metformin couldn't control it, much stronger drugs couldn't stop it, but low-carbing has completely controlled it! Obviosly I'm very very happy - having a v heavy period for 4 months is not my idea of fun...
Sponsored Links