View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-04, 17:07

Plan: Atkins/Counting Calories
Stats: 173/165/145 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 29%

Although I'm glad that food companies are coming to terms with this because it shows that this is a way of life. I agree, eating stuff like this is what made me overweight in the first place. If I start adding junk food into my diet I guarantee you I would not lose any weight. I really feel that we need to stick to the basics. I think that if I had a party I might put a bowl of these out in case I really, really, really need a dorito and to keep me from eating the regular ones. But other than that I don't think I will buy them. Not to mention I bet there is Partially Hydrogenated Oils in these products, which I try to steer clear of, it's also all over in the candies.

What I am afraid of is new people will get on the lc bandwagon, not read any of the books and think that if they eat 20 carbs a day they will lose weight and not at all think about how much they are eating.
The same thing happened when all the fat free products came out. People thought if they ate the entire box of Snackwells they would lose weight because they were fat free. Well look at society now, obviously that didn't work.

Wee