View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-05-12, 18:51

Plan: Depends on the Day
Stats: 221/169.6/145 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default Binging is Ruling My Life

I am a binge/over eater, I've have emitting it openly for over a year now. It seems to be difficult to over come, I've come to the realization, that I can't do it on my own.

I've called to make an appt with a therapist, Oct 10!! Can you believe it? The next OA meating isn't till this Saturday morning, I'm going. I'm going to check the next phone OA meating, theres one daily, just got to look up the time.

I've also ordered these books, I don't know if they will help or not, but having the info is bound to be good.

* "Food: The Good Girl's Drug: How to Stop Using Food to Control Your Feelings"
* "Life is Hard, Food is Easy: The 5-Step Plan to Overcome Emotional Eating and Lose Weight on Any Diet"
Spangle, Linda;
* "Shrink Yourself: Break Free from Emotional Eating Forever"
Gould, Roger;
* "The Binge Eating and Compulsive Overeating Workbook: An Integrated Approach to Overcoming Disordered Eating (The New Harbinger Whole-Body Healing Seri"

I feel at loss as to help myself. I've been exercising and eating, trying to stick with LC and eating fat. I'm full and confortable but my body takes over and the next thing I know, I've spent money and binging on junk food. When it occures to me what I'm doing, I do throw it all away but it to late.

One day at a time isn't helping, I feel like its getting worse and I'm falling farther and farther from the wagon (could never run fast enough).

I'm not giving up, but its deffanitely getting to me. I feel lost and I don't know how to find my way home or how to stay there.

I think about food most of the day, I try to stay busy, but that doesn't really help. As a home-maker I can come and go as I please and drop what I'm doing. I have made lists of things to get done, and I do them, but at some point I get the great idea to find junk to eat. At that point my list is forgotten.

I'd like to have a goal (it is my goal) of being binge free for 1 month. Is that to much for me to ask?
Sponsored Links