View Single Post
  #53   ^
Old Thu, Apr-22-04, 11:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 195/180/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress:
Cool Atkins Products

Hi Everyone, I too am a Northwest Houstonian and also new to the this lowcarb org. Just wanted to share a couple of items with you. I live just off Jones Road and the GNC store there puts everthing 20% off first 7 days of every month. Also they put all of there low carb candy bars that are about to expire on sale. I purchased a whole load of Atkins and other low carb bars for $0.37 each. There is nothing wrong with them. Chocolate still looks and stays fresh. Also Randall's Grocery out here sells there boxes of Atkins Bake Mix for $9.99 each. Lastly I think I have found a good low carb spaghetti pasta replacement at Hong Kong Market off Veterans Memorial. They are called Longkou Vermicelli (Green Bean Threads). Ingredients Mung Beans, Broad Beans, Peas and Water...... 0 fats, cholesterol, sugars and protein... Total Carbs 4.7 grms and dietary fiber 2grms. Net Carbs 2.7grms. Cook them just like angelhair pasta in salted boiling water about 5 minutes or to your preferred softness. Sorry this such a long post. Enjoy reading your shared information.