#41   ^
Old Wed, Apr-06-11, 09:34

Plan: atkins
Stats: 185/185/165 Male 5'7
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinethery
Okay, I am such a noob at all of this shake business, so bear with me here.

I made the effort to read through all of the comments, so here is my number one question:

Aside from convenience, what is the rationale between adding a raw egg to a shake and choking/chugging it down opposed to cooking some scrambled eggs and having the shake (minus egg) along with it? For whole eggs, there's a chance of salmonella contamination. For egg whites in the carton, there isn't. But regardless of that, having a slimy raw egg in your drink just sounds downright gross.

I use a blender and dont taste the eggs at all. I remember making these prior to trying this out with a couple of eggs at a time and they just blend right up.

the reason you cant cook them is because the ideal protein is a raw egg WITH the yolk of course.

I believe in the book it says when you cook an egg it oxidizes the healthy cholesterol (within the yolk) which then attaches more readily as plaque within your arteries. You can lightly cook them without breaking the yolk is an alternative method. like a sunny side up i believe but it wasnt really recommended.

edit: does dr eades have a podcast?