#10   ^
Old Sun, Nov-12-17, 09:48

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 188/150/135 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 72%

Quote:
Originally Posted by madeyna
IOn the other hand this year I have 4 family members that are diabetic coming for thanksgiving dinner. Last year one of them was offended because of the nondiabetic dishes I had prepared. It was one of my brothers and he has already said he will not be here this year because of the food provided last year in the presense of that many diabetics was wrong.

I feel sorry for your brother - becoming a hermit is hard. And that's the only way he's going to be able to avoid foods that aren't suitable for diabetics! I'm t2, and his attitude is ridiculous.

When I changed my diet to lc (& joined OA to help with my food issues), the grocery store had a weeks long sale on potato chips - my main trigger food. Every time I walked into the store, there was a huge display of potato chips! It was like being tossed into the deep end of the pool. I had to learn fast to ignore what I couldn't eat.

I hope your brother figures out that the world isn't going to change just to suit him. Enjoy your time with the rest of your family.