View Single Post
  #385   ^
Old Wed, Feb-01-23, 08:13

Plan: KETOVORE
Stats: 234/179/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 70%

Good morning from my corner of the SE!

Trig- Urgghhhhhh on those guts. Glad you are better! It may take a minute to want to eat normally again. But you are right we LC heal pretty fast.

Take today slow and easy! Weather foggy and damp here too. Thankfully the rain is going to the north of me.

Lori
- You really slept in! LOLOLOL - yeah no way I would be rolling out of bed at 3ish unless the house was on fire! LOLOL

Glad things are back to normal for your helper with Betty. I am sure she will love her ham and beans. I am pretty shocked she likes beans. They are so hard to digest for some, and being as she doesn't move much it is amazing. But hey if I get to that age, you better believe I am eating what I what. Pizza delivery guy coming to my bedside!
Anything else going on? I have used the Fitness pal myself for a minute. Then I got frustrated with it all I just stopped. It is useful if you have the time to use it though.

Dinner sounds yummy. I like fish from Iceland as well. The salmon from there tastes like butter, and it is hard to find!

Nic- I know you had a great weekend with all games that played. You doing a big Superbowl party?

When are you headed to DE?
-----------------------------------------------------------

I had a delightful conversation with one of my besties last night. She is the one from Mass. that stays half a year in St. Simon, the artist!

Anyway, she left last year to go back to Mass. and she ended up buying a condo one mile from the beach up north. The thing is up that far north the winters are BRUTAL and gray and damp. She told me last night that she thought she needed to "go home" to be happy. She wasn't happy. Granted her mother and sister are there, but all of her aunts and cousins are here.

What I was thinking about is this, and it took her to say it. I can't wait to tell her what an impact her conversation had on me. I thought about it long after I hung up.

I have always felt like I have not quite "fit" where I have landed. Sorta a travel gypsy and never settling until I hit St. Simon and the southeastern coast including here. I too have contemplated just "going home (Ohio) too. I haven't, because that isn't home to me anymore.

I really resonated with her saying that too, and she was miserable and couldn't wait to get back to the moss dripped oak trees, sandy dunes, and bright blues and ocean, and of course marchland for miles. NOT SWAMP! Even the marchlands have a life to them I have come to love. I feel EXACTLY the same way.

I AM ALREADY HOME. It really hit me hard and in such a beautiful way. I'm home. I fit here - SE. Maybe Charleston, maybe St. Simon, maybe some other little island between here and there. I fit best in smaller beachy rural areas in the SE. I would miss it so if I left. I am happiest near the beach, dunes, and of course the landscape, trees, and wildlife here. I just needed that little push to actually see it.

I feel like Dorthay in OZ- trying to find her way home when she was there the entire time. Remember that line in the song from America: OZ never did give anything to the Tin man, that he didn't already have. Boom- I got it, and it feels amazing.

I know you are wondering what I'm smoking for breakfast! HEHEHE- just a deep thinker sometimes. I can stop rambling now. LOLOLOL

Got some laundry spinning- have two loads. It will be the last here. I work Saturday and move Sunday. Hoping I can do it in one trip, if not 2 is fine as it is mostly clothes and kitchen and dog supplies. Nothing heavy, all fits in a car. So I might pack up a load and then come back for Rugar and his supplies and then I am out.
She wants to do a walk through as I hand her back the keys. I may or may not. I really don't want the confrontation. On the other hand I want to look her in the eye and tell her I EXPECT my deposit back.

So today is a bit of this and that. I am DEF. going to take a beach walk down at Folly. I am not taking the pooch. I want and need some quiet time. Sun is supposed to come out later and be in the upper 60's.

Steak thawing for tonight. Also going to cook up some salmon and make bacon for later this week. Stuff on hand!

Later gators!