View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sat, Feb-17-07, 16:34
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 270/258/140 Female 70 in.
BF:
Progress: 9%

Hey SoCal! Sure you can join! I'm just so glad people are actually posting! congrats on the 30 lbs! You probably do have some good advice for us 'rookies'

Rachel04: I know how hard Atkins can be sometimes. Don't worry, I've cheated too! But I know you can commit and do it 100%! I know I'm not going to cheat again. This could be the hypochondriac in me speaking, but I think I'm either sugar intolerant or have Celiac, which is an intolerance to a protein in grain called gluten. I'm pretty sure of this, because, the two times I have cheated I actually felt sick. I cheated yesterday- I had a day off and it is so hard for me to diet on the weekends- and I felt sick and tired the entire day. I felt gross. I was in a horrible mood and had a headache. I slept for most of the day and I'm still feeling the effects today. So, I hope I can motivate you by telling you that you will literally feel 1000x better on Atkins. Obviously, this will motivate me not to cheat, but I'm kind of worried because now I am literally afraid to eat sugar and carbs! Not because I'll gain weight, but because I get sick! Anyway, on to more happy things. I know I'll also stay on Atkins because I'm going to Costa Rica in June and I have a crush on this guy! And I really want to go to prom with him! I feel so stupid saying that- but its true!
So, good luck on Atkins! And I must say, the food really is the best. I was almost going to cheat today, but I didn't want to feel sick again. So, right now I'm going to go make a low-carb cheesecake! The food on Atkins is definitely the best. Some advice: now, whenever I want to cheat, I come here! It has really helped me. Also, look around the recipes. I've found some incredible ones, and, if you don't already know this, each recipe category has a special section that lists all the recipes suitable for induction! Good luck with everything!