#3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-18-21, 15:38

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy LC
No real shortcut. Cold turkey and the addiction will fade. Feed it and it comes roaring back to life. It is like any drug really. That first taste is all it takes to backslide, so don't have the first taste.

Now, sometimes I do indulge in non-sugar sweets, but not too often. It doesn't kick off the addiction if I'm careful.

Absolutely! Just say "no". Sugar functions like an addictive drug. You have to give it up cold turkey. What helped me was to tell myself that I am not my cravings along with reminding myself that each craving will pass. I just have to ride each craving out, one at a time. Slowly they fade to almost never. Also it's best to not have anything containing sugar in the house. I haven't had anything with sugar in it for years, except for Thanksgiving when my granddaughter makes me a special treat, one serving only. Thanksgiving is not at my house and I don't take any home plus I consider sugar poison. This small once a year dose won't kill me but if I succumbed to the addiction it would.