#20   ^
Old Thu, Sep-12-19, 08:02

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin120
I think it's socialization. It will be interesting to see how it plays out over the next day 10 years. For 20 somethings, the body positivity movement has made it "sexy to see women chow down." This seems to apply to everything from junk food like pizza to " traditionally man foods" like wings or burgers...
I'm 35 and when I was a teen, salads and being vegetarian were all the rage for girls (Alicia Silverstone was an outspoken vegan and made it very trendy for us to emulate her diet). The heroin chic look was also the fashion of the day. Girls now want want big booties, breasts and thick thighs.....

And your post made me laugh!

And your post made me laugh. Thanks!

And I'm inclined to agree with your socialization suggestion.

How easily the media manipulates us. Males and females alike.

I remember when city and suburban guys who didn't need pickup trucks didn't buy them, because it implied they were in the laborer class. Before that it was black SUV's because in the media both the good guys and bad guys drove them.

And I remember when if a female drove a pickup truck, that immediately classified them as in the dirt farmer group.

There was a time when only rock and rollers wore long hair, and if country guys came across a guy with long hair, there was potential trouble brewing.

Tattoos are everywhere now. It used to be tough and less than respectable guys or former navy men were the only ones who sported a tattoo.

And what about "Goth"? That was one I didn't care for, but they didn't do it for me. When I was young I had my own terrible hippie looks. My parents hated it and looking back, they certainly were correct

Most males and females do what the media tells us to do. I guess we want to be in with the in crowd, and the media tells us what the in crowd is doing.

As far as girls wanting big booties, breasts and thick thighs, I know I'm not the arbiter of male taste, but I like the variety of pretty girls. Big, medium, and small booties, boobies, and legs have a different kind of pretty. And there is more than one kind of pretty. And I prefer natural body parts to obviously add-ons.

Bob