Old Sat, Apr-18-09, 19:36
Registered Member

Plan: Kwasniewski Ratios
Stats: 225/158/145 Female 65
BF:53%/24%/20%
Progress: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by pangolina
Lisa, as per a previous poster's request that we keep this to menu descriptions, I'm going to reply to the more general posts in the main Dr. K thread. Hope you don't mind.

I don't mind at all - and happily replied there, but as people are discussing their food choices in this thread, I thought this should also be replicated here.
===========
Quote:
Originally Posted by pangolina
Given that you're already eating stuff like liver and bone marrow, I'm not sure why you'd want to suggest that these food choices aren't likely to be a factor in your success.

Because I haven't had bone marrow for about six months and have only had liver once in the last five weeks - and have lost 3 pounds without them just fine. In fact, other than egg yolks (which I always ate) I'm not eating any of Dr. K's recommended foods -- except of course for the cream and butter, etc. which I also always ate.

Quote:
Have you looked into their amino acid, vitamin, and mineral content, compared to foods that are lower down on the "most optimal" scale? There are real, scientific reasons why they're considered to be more nutritious.

But I'm not on this new WOE to eat 'optimally' according to Dr. K. I'm eating this way because despite my learning that I'm one of the people who cannot process high protein while eating a high fat diet, I'm not willing to give up LC. Now I don't have to. But nor do I have to eat K's favorite foods to lose weight and be very, very healthy. Slim and healthy using his ratio and my foods - that's good enough for me.

Quote:
Besides, as mentioned in my post on the other thread, they're absolutely not some strange quirk of the post-war Polish diet. Every single society that ate an animal-based diet has consumed these foods, until very modern times.

Absolutely positively true. No argument from me there, and I hope I didn't give that impression. I just don't want to eat most of what's on his list, and what I want to convey to anyone reading this is that they don't have to either in order to stay healthy and lose weight. Maybe this Americanized version isn't the real K deal - but if I had a nickle for every variation and tweak of an LC 'diet' of one kind or another -- that works nicely for many people -- I'd be rich!

Quote:
If someone has a strong aversion to certain of the most highly recommended foods, that shouldn't interfere with success on the diet. I've never seen anything suggesting that you have to eat all of them [note from Lisa: or, I'd argue, any of them] ... but if you're doing fine without it, I'm not about to argue.

Deal!

Lisa