#7   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-09, 14:04

Plan: Ray Peat (not low-carb)
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 164cm
BF:
Progress: 51%

Quote:
Originally Posted by quietone
Thanks for clarifying. I wonder if it would help with the inflammation I sometimes get from all my previous injuries and my arthritis. I'll have to check it out.

Jonny Bowden, he of low-carb fame, in his book, "Natural Health Cures", devotes an entire section to Wobenzym and how it can be used for sport injuries and arthritis. It's not cheap, but there are other similar products. The best thing about it is that you won't get nasty side-effects like from other standard medications. I can personally attest to its being a painkiller - I noticed this once after I had drunk too much beer! - I didn't have a hangover! A while later, I made the same mistake, but had no Wobenzym in the house - I really noticed the difference. This time I was in agony.

(For the record, though, I am currently on Day 25 (or so) of my Beer-Free-Get-To-Goal-Fast Challenge. Still taking Wobenzym, but no hangovers! And, on approx. 70g of carbs a day since Day 1, I have lost 7lbs!!!)

Back to the Bowden book: See if you can get it from your local library - or buy it! It's a mine of useful information about food and supplements for numerous ailments and worth every penny, if you ask me.

Other things which have a great rep for inflammation are Turmericforce and Omega 3s. My Dad swears by flax oil; my mum (may she rest in peace) swore by Cod Liver Oil.

I swear by Wobenzym.

amanda