View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jan-24-20, 12:19

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

I agree with everything everyone has already said. Sometimes it's a matter of personal experimentation to discover certain foods that you may have a previously unknown intolerance or reaction to.

I remember as part of my regular meal rotation I used to have a simple can of vege soup, with chunks of meat added in instead of traditional croutons. However I found that the scales would always rebound a little the next day. It was a surprise to me at the time that food so "healthy" would do that to me.

Later I realised that even though that meal was technically low carb at about 5g carbs per 100g, there was even less protein and fat in it. So in terms of a percentage of total energy, the carbs were closer to 50%. I get a similar reaction with too much fruit as well, even berries. Yes there aren't too many carbs there, but there's even less of everything else so it soon starts to add up.

So for me it wasn't so much a reaction to anything unknown as it was coming to realise that my body is just so incredibly intolerant of carbs, and I just have to stick to food sources that are primarily protein and fat, even to the exclusion of other things like fruit and veges sometimes.

Think of this aspect of your journey as a series of experiments. Try changing one thing and see how that goes for a while, then try something else and so on. Trial and error can go a long way over time.