View Single Post
  #123   ^
Old Fri, Aug-27-04, 11:08
Thank You Dr. Atkins

Plan: Atkinsmyway/Carb Cycling
Stats: 185/135/135 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:yes
Progress: 100%

Yes, except, increase both calories AND carbs on carb up. Also - you do not HAVE to gain weight on carb up. In fact, I think it's better if you don't. But, do stop carb up immediately if you gain more than 2 pounds. Stay on carb up for 5-7 days, OR until you have gained more than 2 pounds.

I'm experimenting with shorter carb ups. I'm not sure yet if they work as well, but there's no real science to this. You can see in my signature line what I've been doing. I make the ups and down fit my schedule so that I'm up on vacations, dinners out, etc. and down when I'm at home, if at all possible.

I've been using 10-15 carbs/1200 cals for my carb down. As you probably read, nepeta is using a little higher carbs on her carb down and it's working, so this is going to vary from individual to individual. This has been working for me, so I hate to mess with it. It's possible that I COULD continue to lose well on 30-40 carbs/1200 cals. I just don't know for sure.

Warning: Be careful with carbup. Stick to more vegetables and limited fruits and nuts. This is not a carbfest!

Hope that helps. Anymore questions?

Good luck!!