View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Jan-05-20, 12:58

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/170/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 75%

Hi Piet and welcome!

You’ve got a good plan for yourself, and found this excellent forum for support ... lots of tools for the journey!

If I may offer two things that helped me a lot in my first year of commitment to a permanent lifestyle change (year three ketoversary this week!) ....

- Use the forum. The years of discussion among members can be invaluable. The search function (use “advanced” only) was so helpful for me — almost any topic has been discussed, with experience, knowledge and advice offered from the community. Similarly, the “Best of...” category groups many of the discussions that members have found the most useful. I’ve learned so much that has helped keep me on track—both from those current members who actively answer questions and share their on-going research and reading, and those past members who’ve left behind good discussion.

- Starting a journal and reading others can also help with organizing information, your own learning, and keeping commitment strong. Many long-time low-carbers here are active in their journals and visiting each other (many daily), rather than posting so much on the general threads unless they feel they have something to offer there. So if you’re looking for community, a journal can be useful.

All the best to you!