#8   ^
Old Tue, Dec-29-09, 11:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 271/269/154 Female 5 feet, 6 inches
BF:43.7/..../24.9
Progress: 2%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LC_mermaid
2. Also ignore people who tell you Atkins will kill you or mess up your metabolism and lots of other crap. If possible don't tell anyone what you're doing until you have gotten the plan under your belt and have no lingering doubts yourself.

It's easier not to tell anyone except those who live with you for a while. When people start noticing your weight loss and asking about it (around 20-25 pounds depending on your start weight), then you will be comfortable with it. I tell most people that I've given up processed white flours and sugars -- that is actually the truth and it's acceptable. Mention "Atkins" or some other diet and they'll find ways to speak the devil into your head. You know this works -- don't let any nay-sayers win.

Join a challenge or a forum. Write a journal. Become part of the community that can help you when cravings start to get to you. And don't be afraid to take a walk or a bath when you get those cravings. Any activity that takes your mind off eating is good. Sorry, TV is connected to eating for me, so it does absolutely no good!