#12   ^
Old Wed, Apr-10-19, 10:57

Plan: Protein Power, IF
Stats: 238/204/145 Female 5'8"
BF:53.75%/46.6%/25%
Progress: 37%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Ron
I try to do at least 30 min of cardio per day. I have a few health issues that I am hoping to fix with the weight loss. The two biggest ones are acid reflux (I take prescription pills for that and I've noticed that getting better since I started eating clean) and pain in my hips, lower back, quads when I stand for a while. Sciatica issue and god knows what else.
Welcome!

You might want to take it easy with the workouts for a few weeks until you're adapted. Then, instead of lots of cardio which isn't really conducive to weight loss, try a strength plan--lifting if you have access to a gym or bodyweight strength training if you don't. Building muscle will help you increase your metabolism, as well as the more obvious benefit of helping to lower BF% and enabling you to do more things you want to do.

Mark's Daily Apple has a great basic plan that has you strength training twice a week (for less than 30 minutes), lots of moderate movement (3–5 hours a week) like walking, golfing, yard work, and then adding sprint sessions when you're ready: Primal Workout There's a link in that page to his Primal Blueprint Fitness ebook that's broken, but if you sign up for his newsletter you can it get for free.