View Single Post
  #21   ^
Old Thu, May-17-18, 08:53

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

I flipped through Atkins 72 earlier reading the bits on ketosis. I'm not sure who to agree with.

I mean, he stresses that purple is good and to try to stay in ketosis, but just what shade of purple he was hoping for is a little blurry to me.

Can't find my DANDR, but I seem to remember some troubleshooting sections where he talks about what to do if the weight's not coming off, or you're not losing inches, or you're not in ketosis--with the second two sort of being signs that a person might be on the right course, even if the scale wasn't willing to admit it.

This Phinney/Volek graph--I've heard Westman in recent videos saying yeah, well, this seemed like a good idea at the time, but he doesn't really think it makes sense to place optimal nutritional ketosis where it is on the graph. I seem to do better shifted somewhat to the right. That involves keeping my protein not too high above requirements. What if I had to lower my protein to below requirement to achieve the same ketones? A level of ketosis that actually required me to be deficient in protein, it's hard to see that as optimal. Not a very elaborate thought experiment, but it's good enough for me to shrug and say that optimal ketosis is probably pretty personal.