View Single Post
  #24   ^
Old Mon, May-06-19, 05:56

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/160/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 78%

HI, Calianna. Since I've only used about a teaspoon of the xanthan (and I forget what for!) I know it will last a while. Thanks for the advice about gravy, which I haven't even thought about making in any form for years! Perhaps I'll see about using more of that thickener. You might start a Xanthan Gum thread in the recipe section to help others figure this out.

As for the traffic through the grocery store: not long ago a major grocery discount chain opened a brand new store in one of the "food deserts" near my home. (That is, an area of poverty underserved by healthy food sources.). I was excited about the convenience. But when I walked in the door, I was shocked: the entire first aisle, which you were forced to walk all the way down before reaching the main part of the store, was junk food. Chips, crackers, candy, etc. That was a long walk of temptation. I've never seen an "ordinary" grocery store arranged this way, and I strongly suspect an understandable, but somehow evil, marketing strategy.