View Single Post
  #37   ^
Old Sat, Apr-18-09, 12:33

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%
Default adding the third meal

Well my scale didn't go down again today, but it didn't go up either! YAY, this begins week two for me, and I guess my "official" loss for the first week is 3 pounds. I still have a bit of a bad taste in my mouth though not as bad as a couple days ago. I'm still hungry a lot (and I do think I'm eating mostly good quality protein), but not as hungry as a couple days ago. Here's my eating for the day so far:

Breakfast:
2 strips of bacon
1 1/2 scrambled eggs
1/2 oz cheddar cheese
a couple tsp mixed butter/bacon drippings

Lunch:
7 'Mary's Gone Crackers' crackers (I do *not* do wheat in any form - but these are great little crackers made from brown rice, flax seeds and quinoa)
2 oz. of Braunschweiger
2 tsp butter
1/2 serving of Optimum Nutbread

Snack:
1 chocolate-tahini candy (home made)

so that's means that so far I'm at:
Calories: 1130
Fat:102g
Net Carbs:20g
Protein:34g

That leaves me comfortable headroom for dinner.

I did some cooking today (in between calls from work,LOL). I made Chicken Liver Pate from the recipe in Nourishing Traditions, and I made the Optimum Diet Nutbread that I found the recipe for on another Kwasniewski thread. I did not use hazelnut meal but a combo of almond and pecan meal (as I already had both of those). The recipe made so much it made a full loaf of bread in a bread pan *plus* a dozen muffins.

The bread pan even started to overflow a bit as it rose, and I but a cookie sheet underneath it on the rack below, and a lot mound of it formed there and baked into what almost looked like a little cream puff. So I took that warm from the oven, split it in half, and had it with two thick pats of butter, one on each half. <swoon> One of the tastiest things I've had in a while!

Woo Hoo! I've had dinner now, and it turned out to be quite a treat after all. I only used 2 oz of the ground beef to make a tiny hamburger. So I had:

2 oz hamburger cooked with a little bacon drippings
a little Heinz One Carb Ketchup on the hamburger
1 slice of Optimum nutbread cut in half, each side slathered with butter
1 California avocado, cut up in little chunks

Wow, that avocado was yummy, and satisfied my "vegetable" yearning just fine. So my final for the day worked out to:

Nutrient: What I ate (ON ratios)

Calories: 2314
Fat: 216g (155-219g)
Net Carbs: 40g (39-52g)
Protein: 59g (52-64g)

So for the first time I actually HIT all the numbers for the day per the ON plan, though my fat always seems to be on the high end of my range, but still within it.