View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sun, Jun-02-02, 09:32

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%

Hi Cheryl......

The good news is that you cannot possibly gain a pound of fat overnight! You'd have to have eaten 3500 excess calories to have accomplished that and I suspect that you have not done that. What you have most likely gained is water weight. Our hydration levels can and do change and fluctuate. Try not to worry too much about it.

Start looking for other benefits that you are getting from eating this way, besides the reading of the scale. I know that the point of this is to lose weight, but often there are so many other good things happening that will help us to have patience. Are you feeling better? Do you have more energy? Are you less hungry that you have been in the past?

I know how frustrating it can be at the beginning when we have high hopes for a dramatic change. I began with a good initial loss, but then the scale bounced back up six pounds. I thought that this was just yet another diet that wasn't working for me. The first several months were tough, but I kept on keeping on and eventually began to see results.

Don't give up. Keep working at it and consider starting a journal so that you'll have a place for us to visit you and offer information and encouragement!

Marlaine