View Single Post
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Dec-05-01, 14:30

Plan: low carb
Stats: 324/228/180 Female 5feet 6inches
BF:47%
Progress: 67%

I was always taught that when you bake with ricotta it is best when done in an egg mixture so... Here we go. I'll give you one baked and on stove top.
If you like Boston market's cremed spinach:

Use frozen spinach 2 10oz boxes or large bag (first thaw at room temp and press dry with dish towel)
4T butter
1 cp Heavy cream (cosco has some that is mostly fat, so it thickens nicely)
1 garlic clove (chopped up)
3 thin slices of red onion (or what you prefer.)
3T sour creme
1/4 parmesan cheese
White pepper(to your taste)
salt (to taste)
Sautee in butter, the garlic, onion,and spinach until the onions are translucent (about 4-5 min), Add cream and bring to boil.
Add sour creme, pepper and stir.
Now add Parmesan and stir. You have to keep stiring through out preparation since mixture is prepared using high heat. Stir until mixture thickens (it will continue to thicken while cooling)
This is my own recipe made from taste.
ECC =13 in the whole thing / 4 = 3.25 per serving
Baked spinach
Frozen spinach (about12 oz)
5oz of Ricotta (no skim)
1cp Heavy cream
2 eggs
1/4 Parmesan
defrosted frozen spinach drained and blotted to absorb excess water (use the amount to your liking some like a lot of spinach, some don't)
salt to taste
In a bowl mix eggs, ricotta and creme. Whip a little like you would to make scrambled eggs. Add spinach, and stir. Now add Parmasan and stir. Bake covered in a caserole dish at 350 for about 40 min [ Until middle is done- when you lightly poke with a fork it should come out dry and clean]
ECC 9.55 / 4 = 2.38 per serving
I hope you guys like these two recipes. I have learned to invent things with this wol.