View Single Post
  #64   ^
Old Mon, Jun-19-06, 22:13
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins but tweaking
Stats: 289/232/132 Female 170cm
BF:Unknown/45%/??
Progress: 36%

LSA is linseed/sunflower /almond, ground up. I get it premixed in bulk at my local Go-Vita health food store.

Here is a bread recipe I found somehwre else on this site. I have all the ingredients but haven't made it yet. There were a lot of comments that it was good on he other thread though.

I only bought enough of the fibre mix ingredients (see end of recipe) to try it - I got 1/4 each of the amount he specifies.

MY BREAD SUBSTITUTE
It looks like a bread, it tastes like a bread and I use it as a bread...Over the last six months I have refined the recipe to the point where it now forms the base of my LC foods...It's quick to make,(5 minutes to mix, 40 minutes to cook, 2 minutes to clean up and two days to eat), it's very filling and it's LOW CARB...You can toast it, you can make sandwiches with it, sliced thin you can use it as a pizza base...If you did it with HC bread you can do it with this and not feel guilty.
Ingredients
2 cups Fibre Mix (see note 1)
1 tb/s Baking Powder
1 t/s Salt
½ cup Grated Cheese (Dry mix these 4 ingredients)

2 Eggs
1 tb/s Oil (I use flaxseed oil, canola or olive oil is ok)
1 cup Water
¼ cup Cream

Mix well and put into non stick 220mmX110mm meatloaf tin (I line mine with baking paper)...Cook in preheated oven at 190deg for 40-45 minutes...Turn out to cool on wire rack...ENJOY...I store mine in a paper towel lined plastic container in the fridge...Sliced about 7mm to 8mm thick, it holds together well because of the cheese...This recipe will keep you regular too which is a problem when low carbing.

Note 1

For the fibre mix I use
2kg LSA (linseed, sunflower & almond, ground)
1kg Psyllum Husks
½kg Whey Protein Concentrate (I use WP Isolate if $'s permit)

I premix and store the above ingredients in a large plastic container and is enough for about 10 loaves.