View Single Post
  #1133   ^
Old Sat, Feb-02-19, 09:01

Plan: Atkins & IF
Stats: 260/213/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 41%

So I’m currently rethinking my IF schedule. I started out doing 16/8 quite a while ago (when the Obesity Code came out), but was drinking Diet Coke. On September 6, I gave up Diet Coke and picked up another bad habit, low fat lattes. I had no idea it was triggering such an inflammatory response, with cystic acne for the first time in my life and the chronic joint pain that I’ve always had increased exponentially. So, back a couple of months ago, I cut out the lattes and started doing 20/4 IF. That morphed into OMAD on the weekdays and 16/8 on the weekends, when I’m with my family.

I had great results through the fall and went from 230+ down to 206~208. And according to my Happy Scale app, my overall trend is going down, but I haven’t hit a new low since December 6. I had expected to be under 200 by mid February and it’s not looking like that’s a possibility. I lost 3 pounds from January 1, when I was swollen and puffy from a bit of alcohol, to 208 today. So...I basically lost my holiday bloat. I would be thrilled with that, if I hadn’t been so diligent with my fasting...and cutting out my lattes.

So, maybe it’s time to shake things up? I’m afraid that I’ll fall into that group of people who think more is better, constantly increasing the IF schedule and lowering the carbs and food in general, chasing faster results. I honestly don’t know what approach is best for me, but I enjoy how I feel fasted and it’s broken a lot of addictive food behaviors for me. It’s been the key that has shifted my 5 year stall. I’d get down to 225 and get stuck and then discouraged. I’d get up to the 250’s again and freak out. Then I’d get back into the 220’s, where I’d get stuck again. This went on for years! I love IF!!

Anyway, should I stick with what I’m doing and be patient, or is there a danger in doing OMAD 5-6 days a week? Maybe I should start incorporating 36 hour fasts, but doing that 2-3 times a week couldn’t be better for insulin reduction than say, eating in a 2 hour window most days, could it?

On a different note, I find it upsetting to see that my two favorite doctors, Phinney and Fung are so irritated with each other. Dr. Phinney especially shows his irritation in his most recent YouTube presentations. It’s sad. Shouldn’t they be on the same team? And who’s right?