#4   ^
Old Fri, Jan-11-02, 06:17
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 268/185/145
BF:
Progress: 67%

hi annvt

boy, are we in the same boat. i've been "trying" to give up coffee AGAIN, firmly believing that it is almost solely responsible for my failure to stay low-carb. because of the insulin response to caffeine. i think i will try to apply something i just read in the course on miracles, page 231, regarding what i project being what i get back, ie, i NEED my caffeine fix, how will i live without it? i NEED my eating behavior, can't give it up, vs. having the health and well-being the atkins diet provides when done properly. i have to give up what i don't want to get what i do want. have one goal. focus. i have given up coffee before for an extended period of time and wow, did i feel great. so why is it so hard this time? don't know, except for what i just wrote about focusing.

also, atkins says, in the first book, try making 4 cups of tea from one bag, divide it up and sip it to avoid the withdrawal. perhaps that is what decaf does for us, with just enough caffeine to stop the headache.

now for the fortitude to put this knowledge to work.

thanks to you, and the forum for a place to turn to, in writing i "hear" my self, and maybe can "heal" my self.

have a wonderful day.