View Single Post
  #236   ^
Old Wed, Nov-14-18, 10:03

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/170/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 75%

I’m adding to the “revival.” I’m 53, losing weight soooo slooooowly...

I do keep a record, I use My Fitness Pal. It helps a lot, and has gone from being an annoyance to a support—something I look forward to and then also enjoy going back and assessing weeks I lost vs weeks I didn’t and trying to see any patterns.

Like others, I focus on the health benefits. I seem to lose in waves...if I’m losing, wine a few times a week doesn’t matter. If I’m not, cutting alcohol completely makes a difference, but the loss is still...oh, about a pound a month, visible only if I add up my daily rates and average them.

I’m happy to have lost 25 pounds in 22 months, and try not to get down about reading those folks who say...I lost (something like) 50 lbs in (something like) 9 months. I lose more in the summer because I eat better, walk more, sleep more, have less stress ...

I know exercise will help, more movement, and I’m sort of trying...I guess that’s the next step but I find it hard to make the commitment to it that I made to the woe of eating almost two years ago.

How do others do it? Is there some kind of movement you really like and find fairly easy to add in?