View Single Post
  #229   ^
Old Sat, Apr-03-10, 09:30

Plan: The Four Corners diet
Stats: 340/330/180 Female 6'
BF:
Progress:
Smile Still at it!

I remember Country Joe - and Quicksilver Messenger Service, Big Brother and the Holding Co., Jefferson Airplane, Hendrix, CSN&Y, Zeppelin, and many many more of the great bands of that era. I just turned 59 and am still a flowerchild at heart!! Albeit a much larger one than I was "back in the day" !!
I was of normal weight until I began having children in my 20's and ever since then weight has been an issue and a battle. have been a yo-yo dieter for many many years. I have great trouble with sticking with any diet or way of eating. I have finally faced the fact that I am a food addict and this coming Monday am joining a Buddhist 12 step recovery program for folks dealing with any kind of addictive behavior. I am also going back on a low carb WOE. I find I feel better physically eating this way and both my GP doctor and my endocrinologist recomment this as the healthiest way of eating. I do have some moral dilemma's with meat eating, having been a vegetarian for many years, but at this point my health is being affected by my weight and I have to do what I have to do to get myself healthy again. I do have a couple of books on low-carb vegetarian diets but I find it just too restrictive trying to eat that way long term. So anyway! I will be following what is called the 4 Corners Low Carb diet - used to be called the Go-Diet. It's not quite as restrictive as Atkins and of all the low carb diets out there, this one is the one I found worked best for me (I used it several years ago during one of my many failed attempts to lose weight and change my eating habits). During the time that I did stick to this WOE, I didn't lose weight quickly nor alot of it, but I definitely got healthier. My cholesterol went from 248 to 175, my good cholesterol increased, the bad decreased, my trigliscerides leveled out to where they should be, my blood sugar decreased to a healthy level and my blood pressure went down! I defintely want and need to lose weight but it's also about getting, and staying, healthy!! Time goes by one way or the other -while I used to be able to lose weight quicker and easier than I can now, what difference does it make if it takes me two years to get to where I need to be instead of 6 or 7 months? It's really a matter of changing one's perspective isn't it? Many things that were easy when I was younger are not so easy now - this is something one just has to accept and comes to terms with as one ages. The focus for me when I was younger was about weight loss and looking better - now it's about health first and hopefully weight loss and looking better will follow!! Let's all stick with what we are doing and be greatful for the slow, small but definite positive changes that we see! Good luck to all of you!