#18   ^
Old Wed, May-22-19, 19:05

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by doreen T
When I was a kid, a standard juice glass was 4 oz. In a restaurant, an 8 oz glass of juice - if they even offered it - was considered large. Nowadays, 12 oz is considered small (with 8 oz considered extra-small, or a child's portion) ... on up to tall buckets of 24 or 30 oz that almost require two hands to lift it to your mouth . In this age of all things supersized, people look at the cost per oz and see that it's less for the larger size, so they feel cheated by the smaller one!

I recently looked at those sippy juice pouches for babies and toddlers .. they're 6 oz!! 1.5 x what used to be considered an adult serving

Manufacturers and advertisers have the world believing that supersized everything is the way to go .. yet nutrition experts point an accusatory finger at animal protein as the cause of ill health

I remember those tiny juice glasses - I'm sure my mom still has some in her cabinet, but if they've been used at all in the last 20-30 years, it's only been for her grandchildren and great grandchildren.

Yep, just a tiny 4 oz glass of juice was all we drank. We also used to only drink juice once a day (at most), and only at breakfast. Now, people are drinking it all day long.

I remember those little 6 oz cans of frozen orange juice concentrate - you mixed them with 3 cans of water to make 24 oz of juice, which was enough to last almost all week. If you had pancakes, waffles, or french toast with syrup for breakfast one day each week, you probably skipped the juice that day, because the juice would taste unbearably sour in comparison to the syrup. I haven't had juice in well over 15 years, but I'd be almost willing to bet that it doesn't taste nearly so sour these days in comparison to syrup, so that people can still drink it while eating a grain based, sweetened breakfast.