View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jan-06-20, 14:32

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Ms A - not sure which interview you reference that is disturbing. Is it the Teicholz interview you linked or the OP's article?

My point is that there is so much negative information about low carb, keto being distributed by the "traditional" food expert community that it becomes confusing for most people. Who does one believe? When you hear claims about keto being unhealthy due to high saturated fats, consumption of red meat, and on top of that, it's unsustainable, this is confusing simply because it's not true. For those of us who have eaten this way for several or more years, it just doesn't jibe with our experiences. Once you become fat adapted, cravings disappear along with the lack of triggers that cause people to act on those cravings by consuming more carbs. I'll take any message at this point that acknowledges the power of diet as a direct avenue to good health, and the research that shows the superiority of low carb, keto, etc to SAD and even vegetarian or vegan approaches is a positive thing in my mind. Anything that can cause people to question eating and health recommendations is a good thing. Question authority until there are no longer questions.