View Single Post
  #186   ^
Old Sun, Apr-24-16, 14:47

Plan: Keto (LCHFMP) + IF
Stats: 265/188/150 Female 61 inches
BF:Highest weight 290
Progress: 67%

I'm adding to this thread as I found reading through it very helpful, and newbies may want to view it.

My husband and I are talking about this boredom problem right now: not because we are currently bored with LC food, but because we want to stay on this WOE for the rest of our lives -- it seems a little daunting to contemplate. But I'm losing weight and his BG is amazingly normal (T2D with insulin) and he could well be off insulin for good. At the moment we're OK, it's the long-term stuff we're a little bit worried about.

I like the IF because it actually take the worry about what to eat at each meal away, and makes me more motivated to cook something interesting for dinner, if that's the only meal of the day.

But he thinks he "needs" bread products so we are going to spend some time on the almond, flax, coconut, etc. recipes to see what we can find that meets that need.

And, as Nancy said, right now I'm sort of in an "anorexic" state where food is not terribly interesting -- it seems weird that I mourn the love of food because what drew me to LC in the first place was that I could continue eating great food.

But, long-term, if what we are experiencing is just the cravings for the idea of what we used to eat, then maybe that should go away -- maybe our idea of what is "normal" will morph into the LC foods?

That would be preferable to constantly having to come up with something new and exciting to counteract the idea of boredom.