Old Tue, Feb-25-20, 19:13
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessAus
Our average tax percentage is 24% (19% for low income earners) We still get a choice of doctor or hospital and the right to seek second or third opinions. Our health system is second to none in my opinion and we have some of the best research facilities in the world.
As a rule, people in the United States have no true facts about Universal Health care, only brainwashing. They are led to believe (and willingly swallow it) that Europeans are overtaxed, when it is middle-income US Citizens who pay 1/3 of what they earn and get almost nothing except wars for our tax dollars.

I've lived under the Capitalist Healthcare System, Universal Healthcare System and Medicare. Most people aren't even aware that we pay a good amount (last year it was $1626 for those in my age group) deducted from our Social Security checks every month for Medicare Part B and that only covers 80% of the bills. This is just for the privilege of having Medicare Part B, and it is mandatory.

When I lived in Europe and was covered by Universal Health Care I was younger and fairly healthy, but the health care I needed never cost me a penny.

When I was covered by Military Health Care, I paid a co-py of $2 per doctor's visit and nothing for having my baby. This was in 1972. BTW, this is known as Cadillac Health Care and is what Congress has.