View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-21-21, 07:14

Plan: Atkins/General LC
Stats: 240.0/167.2/155 Female 5 '9"
BF:36/29.5/25
Progress: 86%

OMG, what a difference water makes!

Been a busy week for me (& for my daughter, who's had state-testing. Which, when you virtual-school, means Mom has to drive you across town to a hotel conference area for your test.) One day? We were away from home for 13.5 hours.

So this morning, my sink was full of unwashed dishes. (Yup, in recovery-mode, now... didn't get a chance to wash them the past 2 days.) I have some leftover chicken-and-veggies-in-creamsauce in the fridge, but no other cooked food. I DO have half a cheesecake in there (LC, obviously), too.

So I woke up this morning ravenous. And with the 32 oz glass of water I poured myself still by the head of my bed, untouched.

Got up... pottied and weighed in, had to stop myself drinking before I stepped on the scale.

Got dressed, went into the front of house... and my stomach made this big lurch towards the fridge. "I'm STARVING! Cut some cheesecake!" (I know this is a bad idea. First, I don't usually eat this early. Second, cheesecake is only an "in the evening" thing, or I'll go back for seconds because it tastes good.)

Instead, I grabbed my water, and hammered it. (Don't panic -- this is how I usually drink my water.) Then, I had my coffee.

It' now 3 hours later, and I'm mildly hungry. Like, I might snack on a slice of swiss cheese, in a little while, before I go out. (I don't like to leave the house hungry if I can help it, unless I'm already planning to eat out. Finding LC-friendly fare on the fly when my body's screaming "I'M STARVING!!!" is never a good thing, and can lead to unhealthy compromises.) Or maybe, since -- once I leave today, I plan to be out kind of late -- I'll actually heat up those leftovers before I go, and have lunch a hair early.

But good grief, what a night-and-day difference, that water made!

I know what taking care of myself looks like. Just need to get back to it!