View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Sun, May-19-19, 11:48

Plan: Protein Power, IF
Stats: 238/204/145 Female 5'8"
BF:53.75%/46.6%/25%
Progress: 37%

I get the standard tests along with an annual physical, but I wouldn't ever take statins. Maybe under extreme circumstances, but given my history, I doubt that's ever likely to be the case. (My numbers have been roughly the same for a couple of decades with total sitting somewhere around 220, LDL high and ratios excellent.)

Once, my old doc a couple of decades ago hinted that it might be a tad high, but never suggested meds. Then over the next couple of years, she said it was fine. I think she was just staying up to date on new research and realized my numbers were good. Ever since, I get the same report: Your total is a little bit higher than the standard (or even "a little outside the average" ), but all of your other numbers are excellent, so there's nothing to be concerned about. Basically, it's the way they're acknowledging the standard of care to CYA and moving on.

I think if I ever had a doc say anything other than this, it would be a huge red flag to me that they're not up-to-date on research and I need a better doctor.