View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-04-12, 20:30

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 177/176/140 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:
Default TTC First Baby, so excited

So husband and I have decided that it's time to have a kid. I've been spending the last week or so reading everything I can get my hands on, so I'm not freaking out later. I've visited every place in town that supplies baby stuff, checked out numerous websites. My favorite books so far are Bringing Up Bebe by Pamela Druckerman, and The Survival Guide For Rookie Momsby Erica Wells & Lorraine Regel. The methods outlined in the first sound like how I was raised (mostly), and the survival guide is so hilarious that I find myself reading parts out loud to DH, and both of us laughing.

I've been losing some weight with a moderate low-carb, high fat grain free, low dairy diet. My carbs have been roughly 50 to 75 per day, and I eat a lot of leafy greens, so generally, I think I'm on the right track. My DH Is diabetic, but it's been under control with diet for a couple of years, mostly.

I guess my question is, what advice would you give to a first-time mom. Is there anything you would do different, what would you do the same? I don't feel like I have anyone to talk to about this yet, it's too exciting and new, and maybe heartbreaking.
Sponsored Links