View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-11-17, 14:10

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

There are other well-established Paleo forums and Paleo is "Carb Agnostic". Some paleo acolytes are actually quite opposed to Low-Carb, to them, there is a divide between the two.

But many of us here do embrace a combination of Low Carb and Paleo personalized for our own needs/goals. For me it means basically all "real food", no processed foods/bars, make my own mayo, no AS, no legumes. But then adding LC, also means no starchy root vegetables, very little fruit. The iffy "rules" that vary for me is dairy (this month is none, not even cheese ..so sad), alcohol out also.

One suggestion for you might be the wildly popular Whole 30. People use it as a one month "clean restart" and since you are switiching to The Paleo Diet, it may be a way for you to clear out the effects of any non-paleo foods you used on LC. The biggest one is Dairy. Try a month Dairy-free and to see if you have any improvements in skin, weight, etc. https://whole30.com/whole30-program-rules/
Not easy, but simple, bright-line rules. If you do go wild with the sweet potatoes and fruit, you may some re-gain pounds, but may also find other food intolerances.