View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Apr-24-03, 09:53
Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 305/240/165 Female 66
BF:55%/45%/20%
Progress: 46%

This is definitely something I'm having trouble dealing with too, even though I'm nowhere near goal. My bf has lost a lot of weight doing this too (over 100 pounds) and he has some similar issues, though possibly for different reasons. He went from wearing men's 48 pants (may have even been higher, not sure) to 32's. He's dang near skinny now, but he has a hard time believing me when I tell him this. The other day someone asked him if he'd been sick (he lost the weight quite quickly, too - guess she figures the only way to lose weight so fast is to have a terminal illness!), and he was very uncomfortable because the person wouldn't leave the issue alone, in front of a bunch of strangers.

My own issues have more to do with perceived emotional and physical safety, I think. I'm in my twenties, and have this desire to go out and buy, well, younger looking clothes (like tight leather pants and cute little revealing tops) and yet at the same time, I don't want anyone to actually notice me wearing them. Argh. And the first time I went out wearing one of the aforementioned cute, revealing tops (well, more so than a men's XXL tshirt) I got hit on by a random creepy guy. Double argh!