#13   ^
Old Mon, Apr-01-19, 18:13

Plan: verylowcarb
Stats: 223/205/165 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 31%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
If you would like the members on this forum to comment on your diet, maybe you can share exactly what you are eating. You note your plan as Paleo, but then it is "modified". You did not read any Paleo books, so we don't even know what version of "paleo" you are doing. Answers about exactly how many carbs you eat, do you include nuts, alcohol, sweet potatoes, rice, etc. could help us give suggestions if wanted. Are you on any medications? Hormonal ones can hinder weight loss. Maybe check a Keto diet and see how your plan compares? All the best,

Hi and thanks for your comment.

I don't count my carbs. I just try not to eat too many. I eat nuts only once a week and maybe 100 cal a serving (very little), no alcohol (never), sweet potatoes once a month (backed), rice 1/2 portion once a week (brown rice) and fruit only one serving a day (usually: apples, berries, pears and peaces).

I think my diet is OK but the problem is that I'm on a certain medication (for sleep) that has weight gain as side effect. It's hard to lose weight being on this particular medication but not impossible. I did it in the past, a few years ago. I followed the same Paleo Diet (got the information from Mark's Daily Apple) and lost about 18 pounds in 3.5 months.

Now I try to follow the same diet and hopefully I'll be able to see some changes.

I can not follow a Keto Diet, I tried but I could not do it, too much meat and fat. I got sick of it after a few days.

I also eat only chicken, fish and turkey, no red meat. Dairy products rarely (once a month some hard cheese). And no sugar or processed food. I would have some dates (no sugar added) sometimes or raisins (no sugar added) or black chocolate but only a little and only a few times a month.

I might need to increase my fat intake. I'll buy more avocados. And I really need to drink more water but it's difficult to do it, have to make a greater effort.

Thank you again. Sure, if you have any suggestions, please feel free to comment.

(English is not my first language).