View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Apr-24-19, 21:13

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Not my own anecdote, but I am the president of a local art guild. We have a new member who joined a few months ago - a woman about my own age (60s), very attractive, very slender, very chic. We were both at an art critique this morning and somehow the conversation led to her saying she had been to visit her mother the other day, who is in her early 90s and lives in assisted living due to the onset of Alzheimer’s.

So this woman went on to say that because of her mom she had done a lot of research and implemented changes in her life to keep her from getting Alzheimer’s herself. Naturally I was curious (my own mom died from Alzheimer’s) and I asked her what changes she had made.

And she replied that it was intermittent fasting and following a keto diet! That she did a 16:8 fast just about every day with an occasional 24-hour fast, and had kept her carbs at under 20g a day. How amazing to meet a Fellow Traveler in real life! I had no idea.

Anyway she said she started in January 2018 and has since lost 62 pounds. She is quite short so 62 pounds would have been a lot. Plus she said she suffered for years from severe IBS symptoms which all totally vanished when she went on IF and Keto. Also her knees had caused her such pain she’d contemplated knee replacement surgery, but since going IF/keto her knee pain totally vanished.

She does eat a somewhat higher carb allotment now as she has gotten so skinny she doesn’t want to lose any more weight but does keep up the fasting routine. She gives me hope. 😀