#176   ^
Old Sat, Feb-04-06, 09:25

Plan: carnivore
Stats: 315/197/165 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkduggan
I'm sorry...but I have to get off this plan....I am merely maintaining at 175 after 10days of Induction. This is way too much fat for me...I have been doing the strips since Tues. nite. First nite...negative....days thereafter only in the trace category...I absolutely believe that carbs are a killer and have always been aware of them in my diet...but the fat and calories are way too much for my sytem...I wish I could be like the others and worry about losing too much...Thanks for everything

Nobody says you have to gorge yourself with fat. You could do the diet and eat lean turkey, tuna, fish, lean chicken breast or chicken without the skin, etc. It's not all red meat, pork and bacon.

You're right. Carbs are a killer. And if you go to a very low fat diet, carbs are mostly what you'll be eating. (Everything that says "low fat" has added sugar to make it taste better, btw).

As for the calories, vegetables are very low cal. Eating the meats I listed above, you could keep your calories around 1200-1400 easily.

Are you exercising? Are you drinking enough water? Used to be 64oz was the norm, but now most say that 100 oz minimum is best for your body to flush out the fat.

Are you losing inches? Sometimes the scale doesn't go down, but your fat cells are shrinking and you lose inches on your body (and not just in the waist either).

I think 10 days is a little soon to be giving up. Do you have much to lose? If not, chances are it will come off very slowly. Very heavy people generally lose faster than people who have very little to lose.