View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-12-03, 20:04

Plan: BFL
Stats: 151/142/? Female 5'9
BF:35%/23%/15%
Progress: 5%
Default flourless chocolate cake w/ Ganache

I feel kinda bad for posting this, but I know it can be converted. I have yet to find any unsweetened white chocolate for the Ganache, but I'd just use regular. I have not tried this recipe yet low carb or otherwise, so PLEASE let me know if it turnes out good! Remember to use extra splenda to compensate for not using

White Chocolate Liquid Center Chocolate Cake

This dessert takes chocolate to a whole new level. Moist, flourless, bittersweet chocolate cake surrounds a center of warm white chocolate ganache that oozes out onto the plate when you cut into it.

specialty tools: 6 1 1/2” high x 2 1/2” wide ring molds, parchment paper

Preparation time: 30 mins
Baking time: 30 mins
Yield: 6 servings

9 Tbsp. sugar (Splenda)
1/3 cup water
3 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped (Unsweetened, I'd use a little less than 3 oz & extra Sweetener!)
1/2 cup + 1 Tbsp cocoa
9 Tbsp butter, softened
3 eggs
6 oz. white chocolate Ganache

1. In a small saucepan, bring 5 Tbsp of the sugar and the water to a boil. Remove from the heat. Stir in the bittersweet chocolate and cocoa. Add the butter and stir until completely combined.

2. In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to whip the eggs and 4 remaining Tbsp of sugar to a ribbon or until it has tripled in volume.

3. Fold in the chocolate mixture in 3 additions.

4. Butter the ring molds and place them on a parchment-lined half sheet pan. Fill the molds halfway with the batter. Place a 1 oz scoop of white chocolate ganache in the center of the mold and cover with the remaining batter.

5. Bake at 350 for 20 to 25 mins or until just firm to the touch. Cool briefly before removing the molds.

6. Place a cake on each plate while hot and top with a scoop of ice cream.

White Chocolate Ganache

White Chocolate Ganache can be rolled into tiny balls for truffles, or cut into shapes and coated with chocolate and nuts for individual candies. You can add some chopped praline to create praline truffles, or you can warm up this ganache and use it as a sauce.

Preparation time: 10 mins, plus 1 hr refrigeration
Cooking time: 5 mins
Yield: 1 1/2 cups

6 oz. white chocolate, chopped (unsweetened chocolate & sweetener. I'd use a lot less chocolate since you will be using unsweetened..)
1 1/2 Tbsp. butter
3/4 cup heavy cream

1. Place the white chocolate and butter in a small mold.

2. Bring the heavy cream to a boil over medium heat and then pour over the chocolate and butter. Let sit for 3 mins. and then whisk until smooth.

3. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until smooth.