View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Sep-23-04, 21:36

Plan: Somers
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5"
BF:
Progress:
Default wellbutrin

You do know that Wellbutrin is a more dangerous drug, don't you? Never ever take more than 150mg in any single dose. And as for a daily dose of 400mg, I question that, though I am not your doctor. The upper limit is 300 as goes my understanding. Thirdly, although it can HELP with weight loss, like any drugs, your body adapts. Some people actually GAIN weight on it. Also, like most antidepressants, the body seems to get used to it and requires a switch. I do hope you are not touching any alcohol while you are on it. Look, I'm not your doc, but my personal opinion is that to keep subscribing higher doses for wt loss is not addressing the issue. One side effect of WB is increased anxiety--and guess what ppl do when they feel anxious--EAT! I have been on WB (not for wt loss, Im thin), and find that the higher the dose, the more it makes me GAIN weight! Anyway, this is not meant to be a lecture, only a caution on it. It has the highest of all AD drugs for seizure, and the this goes with dosage. And it can't teach you to manage your food and your emotions. and you can't take it and expect to eat in ways that aren't supportive of your body. I'd advise a second opinion doctor. As I said, sooner or later the drug loses effectiveness.
take care,
CW