Old Mon, Nov-05-18, 07:11

Plan: Keto
Stats: 232.8/190/165 Male 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 63%
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
I had the same reaction with his basic diet video. His name came up on a fasting FB page about a year ago; my conclusion was he is the guy that gives fasting a bad name. We need the guidance of a medical doctor with years of experience...Dr Jason Fung.

Thank you for posting that Dr Ken Berry video, he has so many videos I haven’t seen many of them, and this one was quite useful. After reading Robert's success story, I am back to adding some longer fasts for autophagy, both for cancer prevention and loose skin. I've noticed this time that after 4 years of incorporating fasting regularly, mostly an 18:6 or 24, that even longer fasts are easy. A cup of hot tea or broth is enough if I do get hungry, my body must know now that famine isn’t around the corner.

I have been doing only 2 day fasts, but now I am going to extend that up to a week. I have watched several of Dr. Fung's and Dr. Berry's videos and they are quite informative. I have also watched several videos on Dry Brushing, and although I am skeptical I am doing it. I was so close to getting it right 50 years ago when I was still in my 20s. I would only eat chicken broth, but I wouldn't do it on a consistent basis. I didn't know the science. Fasting was only something Mahatma Ghandi did. Also the FDA was saying the exact opposite of what I was thinking. Even within the last 20 years I went to a lecture by Dr. Dean Ornish and tried his diet - the only thing I lost was hair.