View Single Post
  #347   ^
Old Tue, Sep-29-20, 06:46
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Thanks everybody. I do think that I would have done better on the original coarse, but I wasn't going to beat my best time no matter what. I wasn't as prepared as I was last April. It's been a crazy year. This alternative run was harder -- and fun in it's own way. I did it and I'm still amazed by that.

Kel and I are trying to decide if we will be signing up for the 2021 race or not. We've shifted our workouts more towards weight training. A week or so ago we were at the school track for a 10K prep run and Kel decided to see try her hand at the nearby pull-up bar. She had never been able to do a pull-up in high school. She did 4. Kelsey was quite pumped up about that. She is in the best shape of her life and for some reason she is really getting into lifting weights. I don't mind. She has inspired me to do the same. We have been lifting regularly since May.

I think building muscle is probably a better move for me anyway as compared to running. I'll continue my goal of walking at least 10K steps in each day, but regular jogging is being placed on the shelf for the time being. If we decide to do the 2021 10K it will be for fun and a little jogging a month or two before the event should be enough to get back in jogging shape. That worked the first time back in 2016.