Old Sat, Apr-27-19, 12:25

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggsnsteak
200#, 5'5", perimenopausal, goal 150#.

Hoping to wear a bathing suit for the first time in years at the end of Aug (ie. in 4 months).

Should I anticipate about 32# total lost by that time if I follow Atkins strictly?

Thanks.

I suggest put all expectations aside, do it for a year then see where you're at.

It is my opinion that chasing weight loss goals in a timed manner is the recipe for disappointment and abandonment of detached consistency - Generally initially one will be ahead of the game then, slowly catch up to the MAGIC NUMBER (lb/week) then fall behind, become anxious, start changing things and TRY HARDER.

When you realized that you have very little input into this situation aside from following some basic guidelines of eating (in this case low carb ala Dr. Westman I guess or Dr. Diet or whatever) you may find relief from stress of the future that you don't control and, if you're lucky, a new appreciation of where you're at right now, right this minute...

...the only time you can do anything about your uncertain future.

Hopfully this is not depression but what you probably don't need are a bunch of people saying, "You got this!" - cause, really, you don't - as there is nothing to "get".

Be calm; do the work - let it happen