View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jun-12-21, 09:39

Plan: Atkins, Dr. Westman
Stats: 267/167/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 82%

I would recommend that you keep a log of what you eat to see what triggers your gerd or acid reflux. For me it is mixed. For me.....as far as dairy goes, cheese is ok, yogurt is ok, but ice cream or sorbet is instant reflux.

I also find black coffee can set mine off as can citrus fruits or juice. I take a Prevacid at night before I go to bed and try not to eat anything several hours before I lay down.

I have begun reading about acid reflux to see what foods trigger it and have found several useful books on the subject by Jamie Koufman, MD. One is called Dropping Acid, The Reflux Diet, and another is called the Acid Reflux Diet.

The acid reflux diet can fit with a low carb diet with some work. The main thing i would suggest is to find what triggers it for you....as it varies from person to person. For example, supposedly one cup of coffee is OK but it sometimes sets me off. ....I still drink it in moderation.

Also, if you have any medical issues, like copd, bronchitis or other ailments that make you cough, that can trigger it.

I would also recommend that you discuss it with you doctor as gerd or acid reflux can cause problems if left untreated.

Think about how you feel after you eat. That can tell you alot. Most people on keto or low carb say it helps them with gerd, but some people are more affected by fat and dairy. Keep that log and find out what foods make you feel great and which ones give you gerd. It will help guide you.

Good luck!