#9   ^
Old Mon, May-10-21, 07:01

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob-a-rama
I eat minimal processed foods. What I do eat is minimally processed like cheese.

I've been low carb since Bob Atkins was still alive. I hardly ever get sick (a mild cold every 15 years or so and that's it).

I had almost no reaction to the first Moderna shot, a day feeling like I had a fever for the second one (but I wasn't running a fever). Well worth it for the amount of protection I got.

I've never had a flu shot, so I can't compare it with that. I never catch the flu.

Bob

That's fairly typical of a male reaction to the vaccine - not universally, because there have been men who had very strong reactions, just more likely that a male have a milder reaction than a strong reaction to the vaccine.

https://www.businessinsider.com/cov...r-adults-2021-4

That article provides very generalized information about how strong side effects are likely to be, based on age and gender of the individual, and also provides very generalized info such as how females generally have a stronger reaction than males, and those over 65 generally have weaker immune systems than those under 65. None of that is universal of course.

As you scroll down, there's also a place to click on the vaccine you received, as well as your age group to see how common each side effect is for that particular age group and vaccine.

Considering that the article talked about women having a stronger reaction to it than men, I was surprised that it didn't also have the side effect stats separated by sex too.

The article says nothing at all about lifestyle (diet, exercise, etc) or overall health factors (healthy vs mild health issues vs severely immune compromised), and how they affect the reaction to it - but it would certainly be interesting to see.

Do we have a centralized place on this site where the information about reaction to the vaccine as related to age/sex/carb consumption/overall health factors is being recorded? Can polls be set up on here to record such information?