#5   ^
Old Thu, Aug-06-20, 20:39

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

I certainly like these comments in the article:
Quote:
He says the common medical advice to eat less and exercise more doesn’t really help most patients.

“Whenever people decrease their calories, they activate a bunch of hormones and neurochemicals within their brain, within their gut, that drive the weight to come back on. So we’re failing people all the time when we say go on a diet so they can lose a little bit of weight, [because they often] regain all of it, if not more,” said the lead author.
Damn, if that isn't ever true and something most of us know first-hand - leading to the comment I've read many times that dieting is the leading cause of obesity.

And who hasn't faced this issue?
Quote:
“There is extensive literature documenting weight bias and stigma across a range of health professionals … [and] pre-service health promotion students.” Research also shows doctors spend less time with overweight patients than those with smaller bodies.

The result is that patients living with obesity are often told their weight is the cause of almost every medical complaint – something patients can easily internalize, leading to the erosion of their mental health, the guidelines say....

Scriver, however, suggested placing the onus on patients to be their own advocates may yield limited success.

“I’m tired of having to tell you I work out this many times a week and I eat basically a vegetarian diet. I do this and do that, but I’m still fat. I shouldn’t have to prove my worth to a doctor in order to get the proper medical attention that I need. Nobody should have to do that,” she said.