View Single Post
  #59   ^
Old Mon, Dec-10-12, 11:39

Plan: Atkins variation
Stats: 167.5/151.5/132 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 45%
Default My homework for the day . . . (And grateful hugs to you all!)

Wow. This is generating such energy for me!

~ Aradasky -- Thank you for the cut-and-paste suggestion. I, myself, had been wondering if that would work. Apparently so.

For some reason, right now, though, I have been having problems with MS Word. And yes, I am on a MacBook Pro. I do not know why I can't save any Word Documents right now. This has never happened before. I will need to take my computer to the Apple Store Genius Bar to be fixed, soon -- one more time before my Applecare runs out. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I installed Mountain Lion. But I will try it anyway.

I did order the Atkins book for our place here in the Boston area. I still have to order Phinney and Volek's book. I think I'm stalling, subconsciously, because I'm afraid of holiday reading and activity overload. And it is one more charge on the credit card here at Holiday time. But it sounds very good and I have not forgotten. I am so glad you are answering me and staying here. . . you push me forward! This is an enormous help.

Gawd, I love you all here!!!

~Joan D'Arc -- Thank you for the list of foods and their corresponding fiber counts. I had my first actual non-protein food last night. I was feeling that the Ketosticks readings finally were strong enough that I could risk trying a carb. So, I ate about 3/4 cup of cooked baby kale.

This morning, results were back in the trace levels -- not small approaching moderate.

When the color gets that low, I get scared I'll fall out of ketosis. But I also had drunk quite a lot of liquid before I went to sleep. So, maybe there was some dilution going on.

I'll test again soon, and hopefully be back in the deep pinks again.

~ LittleZu -- Congratulations for the big drop! Two pounds in one day! That is so impressive! What are you doing besides this eating plan to account for that? That could never happen to me. At my advanced age, my metabolism is way too slow. Thank you, also, for the promise to stay with me!

So, now to find a way to get this Journal up and going!

You all made my day!!!