View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Sep-17-10, 08:08
Patience Personified

Plan: LC/OMAD
Stats: 199/188/130 Female 5'3"
BF:5'5" tall
Progress: 16%

I can just picture your mat there by your DH's recliner. I've been thinking about yoga for awhile and found some great videos on the net. I've just been doing them in front of my pc so far. No classes offered locally, but I hear they have some in Salado 20 miles away. But I doubt I'd drive to another city to do these classes, so I'll just go get myself a mat ASAP and work in front of my 25" pc monitor to start out. My doctor's nurse practitioner highly recommended yoga for the stress issues I'm having. And Dr. Herbert Benson's "Relaxation Response" mentioned in his book by the same name has been incorporated into my life now, and it really helps me with the stress: http://www.relaxationresponse.org/steps/

And you are probably right. Getting a specialized BHRT doc in tow would be a good move. Nearest one is likely in Austin, but I'll probably look into further hormone testing. Been on 50mg progesterone cream 1xdaily for 2 weeks and already feel "calmer" throughout the day. My constant low body temps (always 94-97) are improving already. In just 2 weeks they are staying around 97-98, with only 1 reading of 95.0, so I see that, too as an improvement. I lost 1-2 lbs. during that time, after an 8 month stall. So I do think upping the progesterone is showing tangible changes.

Thanks so much for your input and suggestions. I really appreciate it. Oh, and I will turn 62 Dec. 31st.