Thread: Crackslaw
View Single Post
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-14, 09:36

Plan: AIP (autoimmune paleo)
Stats: 235/185/165 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 71%

I divide it into 8 portions using a ladle, knowing I've used 1 kilo (2 pounds) of ground beef, so each portion has 4 oz of meat, and then whatever that is in veggies each (I've never actually made it exactly the same twice, I use what I find at the market, what looks good, etc.)

I freeze as many single serving portions as I can, and usually several that are double-portions but then it's easy to divide that in half when I am eating. Any more dividing than just in half is asking for trouble... But of course I now know what one portion usually looks like in the bowl I usually eat it from... and I often also have a serving of bone broth soup at the same meal, that helps fill me up too.

The meatball recipe I use I found online somewhere else, not on this site. I started following a crazily restricted "autoimmune paleo" diet in March and many spices and eggs were out, so these are meatballs that meet the AIP criteria (with enough salt & garlic anything can taste delicious, though!). Here's the recipe I use... but I add a ton of garlic (and whatever fresh herbs I have on hand too). I also usually do half beef, half pork.

http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com...thy-1-menu.html